New business start-up programme now accepting clients!
- Are you thinking about starting a business using the professional skills, knowledge and experience gained in your career?
- Have you recently been made redundant, or are at risk of redundancy, from the public or private sector and are considering self-employment as your next step?
If so, Ready for Business could be for you!
This unique new business start-up programme offers potential start-up businesses the opportunity to get their business ready for success and external investment.
A bespoke package of services from a leading business support organisation in your area will support you in the development of a uniquely structured and tailored business plan to act as a springboard for your future business success – with the aim of improving your chances of external funding being secured.
The programme starts with:
A FREE introductory one day event – the Barclays Get Ready for Business Seminar – which covers the fundamentals of setting up in business including financial forecasting, Taxation/VAT, Marketing and Business planning.
Individuals who meet certain criteria will then be invited to participate in the next stage of the programme (subject to client contribution*) which includes:
- One to one assessment with an experienced independent business advisor, with the production of an individual action plan tailored to your business idea
- An intensive support programme, including guidance, advice and peer learning, leading to the development of a robust business plan
- Dedicated support in an application for external funding
- Ongoing support after business start up
To book directly onto the sessions, please go to the following link – This programme is brand new and places are limited so don’t miss out on a great opportunity to get involved in this exciting initiative.
*Please note that there are strict entry criteria for access to this programme and the Barclays Get Ready for Business Seminars are provided free of charge thanks to support from Barclays Bank. The remainder of the programme is subject to some Government support and clients participating will also need to make a contribution to the overall programme cost. A range of additional business support services are offered by the delivery organisation and a wider network so access to other support is almost certainly available if required.
The Ready for Business programme is delivered by the Cavendish Consortium and their partners. The programme is funded by the Department of Business, Innovation & Skills and its Regional Growth Fund initiative and operates in association with Barclays.